For Faculty and Researchers

MAES supports U of M faculty and researchers in a number of administrative ways. This includes providing administration and accounting assistance with research funding requests, research reporting, and managing spaces available for plant growth and agricultural research.

Plant Growth Facilities and Ag Services

MAES oversees the maintenance and use of the Saint Paul campus’s Plant Growth Facilities and Ag Services. Any questions in regard to research space and facilities can be directed to the Ag Services Staff or the Plant Growth Facilities Staff.

Research Funding and Research Reporting

MAES oversees the distribution and reporting of both state and federal research funds including the Hatch, McIntire-Stennis, Animal Health, Hatch Multi-State, Rapid Agricultural Response, and Small Grains Initiative. The staff also submits the University’s annual federal report to NIFA in collaboration with Extension.