Digital Center for Risk Management Education
Department and College
Department of Applied Economics in the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
NIFA Grant, Non-Formula
Project Start and End Date
December 1, 2014-November 30, 2019
The Digital Center for Risk Management Education will provide technology support for Extension Risk Management Education and to the regional Risk Management Education Centers. The Digital Center will:
- Continue to develop and expand the delivery of risk management education through the online Ag Risk and Farm Management Library, which currently provides organized access to more than 3,200 risk management education materials.
- Provide electronic support to the regional centers by continuing to provide the Results Verification System, an online proposal, and reporting system to the regional centers so they can efficiently receive, award, and manage project applications and reports.
- Provide public access to a searchable archival database of the results of all risk management education funded projects so risk management education providers can better collaborate and learn from one another.
- Collaborate with the regional centers to help ensure that risk management programs are delivered to underserved and disadvantaged producers, including special emphasis audiences of beginning farmers and ranchers, immigrant producers, socially, producers transitioning their business to new operators, and producers converting production or marketing systems to pursue new markets.
- Provide leadership to the regional centers to develop and implement a national risk management education communications plan that will help producers, practitioners, and stakeholders learn about risk management education programs.
- Improve the overall effectiveness of developing and delivering risk management education by supporting the four regional Risk Management Education Centers with technology issues and identifying and developing new technologies to deliver risk management education.