- Plant Growth Facilities staff routinely monitor greenhouses for pests and perform control methods, which include pesticide application.
- Any precautions related to monitoring or pest control must be specified in space request form.
- All projects are notified 24 hours in advance of pesticide applications. This includes: posting at greenhouse main entry and/or an email.
- PGF staff perform most of pesticide applications.
- Users must vacate greenhouse facility during pesticide applications. Warning signs are posted.
- Greenhouse zones where pesticides are applied are closed for the restricted entry interval. Posted warning signs will note restricted entry interval times.
- Minimum of 30 days of pesticide application records are kept at designated central location for greenhouse and records are maintained for seven years.
- Material Safety Data Sheets and chemical inventory are located at central location.
For more information contact Pam Warnke.